Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tin and Leather



This year my husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. I wanted to make him something unique and something that he would like to wear. This started a journey of “tinsploration” that took me 3 months to work on ideas, mess up, create, recreate and finally complete. He is wearing it now so I’m convinced the project was a success.



The cuff is black leather covered in small tin buttons. I cut and formed the tin so it would stand out on the cuff. Each tin piece was formed then sprayed with a hard gloss to keep its paintwork intact. I then tube riveted the tin to a copper disc on the opposite side of the leather. Once done riveting I glued a thin strip of leather to the back side for a comfortable fit. 





No comments:

Post a Comment